STUVA-Expo 2021 with 2G-Plus regulation
Your health and safety is close to our hearts! Therefore, we will only allow access to the STUVA-Expo to participants who are vaccinated or recovered (2G) and can also present a negative Covid 19 antigen rapid test (2G-Plus).
With date of 22.10.2021 we had already communicated that we will (voluntarily) implement the 2G option model according to the current CoronaVO for the state of Baden-Württemberg. According to this, only vaccinated and recovered persons may participate in the STUVA meeting 2021 from 24 to 25 November in Karlsruhe (2G rule).
This was linked to the possibility of dispensing with the wearing of masks indoors in the so-called "basic stage", which was still expected at that time. However, we had already pointed out that at the STUVA meeting the 2G rule would continue to apply in the "warning" and "alert" stages, although in these stages the wearing of a medical mask would again become necessary. The current development of the Corona pandemic has now ensured that the warning level applies. However, the third and highest level, the alert level, is expected to come into effect shortly. This would mean that the 2G rule, which was voluntarily chosen anyway, would also apply ex officio, and thus the obligation to wear a mask would also exist.
After intensive consultations, the STUVA board has now decided to proactively increase the safety of all participants even further and only admit participants who can also provide an official certificate of a negative Covid 19 antigen rapid test. This is in line with the 2G-Plus rule recently discussed in the political arena, although its introduction is also expected in the short term.
This rule applies to all parts of the event (conference, festive evening, expo and excursions).
The protection concept for the STUVA conference is therefore two-tiered: the main risk of infection by unvaccinated persons is effectively countered by the 2G rule. In addition, the presentation of a negative test by the vaccinated persons significantly reduces the risk that someone is currently infected with the virus.
In addition, an attempt is also made to create favourable boundary conditions through the choice and seating of the premises: for example, the room planning for the festive evening is much "looser" than at previous conferences, in that the distance between the tables has been increased and additionally larger areas have been provided for high tables. In addition, a non-contact body temperature check is provided for each attendee prior to entry to the festive evening, with persons with an elevated temperature being denied entry to the festive hall.
We believe that this will enable us to ensure the best possible safety for all participating persons, even against the background of expected legal tightening. We ask for your understanding for the resulting inconvenience for each individual and the increased effort (e.g. for conducting a test). However, by doing so you are protecting yourself and others.
What does this mean for you?
- You can only participate in the STUVA Conference and STUVA Expo 2021 if you have been vaccinated against the coronavirus or have recovered from an infection with the coronavirus and can provide valid proof of this (in accordance with § 4 of the current CoronaVO of Baden-Württemberg; permissible exceptions are regulated by § 5 of the CoronaVO).
- In addition, you need an official certificate of a negative Covid 19 antigen rapid test. Please have yourself tested before your departure, as an on-site test is not possible or only possible to a very limited extent for logistical reasons (this would take several hours). Please note: Corresponding "citizen tests" have been possible again free of charge since 13.11.2021.
- The presentation of a certificate of a negative test result on the first day of the event is considered sufficient for the entire event from our current point of view. This means that a test from 23.11.2021 will also be sufficient for admission on the second day (25.11.2021). A new test on the first day of the event (24.11.2021) is therefore not mandatory, but is recommended. We intend to provide you with a test kit free of charge for this purpose on the first day and appeal to your personal responsibility to also carry out this test. This applies subject to a different legal regulation which may tighten the above-mentioned regulation.
- Please have your valid (digital) vaccination or recovery certificate and the certificate of the negative test ready when entering the building! These will be checked on site in Karlsruhe upon entry.
- In all indoor rooms, it is compulsory to wear a medical mask or an FFP2 mask. This may only be removed to consume food or drink (e.g. at the table at a party).
If there are new legal regulations that are not covered by the above measures, we will inform you immediately.
Here you can see impressions from the STUVA Conference
STUVA Expo 2021
International Trade Fair
for Tunnels and Infrastructure
24-25 November 2021
Monday, 22.11.2021 from 08:00 to 22:00 h
Tuesday, 23.11.2021 from 08:00 to 22:00 h
Wednesday, 24.11.2021 from 09:00 to 18:00 h
Thursday, 25.11.2021 from 09:00 to 18:00 h
Thursday, 25.11.2021 from 18:00 to 24:00 h
Friday, 26.11.2021 from 08:00 to 15:00 h